Individuals injured in a business or home may have a negligence lawsuit due to premises liability. Managers or owners must maintain a reasonably safe property. They must also warn people of hazards on their property that are not obvious.
Many owners or managers may often wonder whether their property is safe enough when they consider how to responsibly manage their establishment. They must do their due diligence in ensuring that all areas people may pass through are safe.
And even though they can’t help the laws of nature, they can still put up easily visible signs, warning people of the possible danger. For example, if and when it snows in Nevada, business owners may have to put up signs on their sidewalks, so others can be warned of possibly falling ice or snow. Top-notch Nevada lawyers, like a top accident attorney Las Vegas, will walk their clients through such details and possible legalities concerning these details.
Also, if the injured victim is partially responsible for his/her injury on a property, the owner of it, business or home, may still have some liability. Comparative negligence laws in Nevada allow such victims to still recover damages as long as at least 50% of the defendant is at fault.
There are many examples of premise liability, i.e., when a person is injured due to being on a property. The following includes incidents that may prompt a premise liability claim:
- Dog or animal bites
- Pool safety (e.g., not correctly labeling the depth of the pool, or lack of employing a lifeguard)
- Inadequate maintenance (e.g., hazardous and difficult usage or shrubbery blocking a path)
- Dangerous property (e.g., unmarked exposed pipes, drop-offs with no railings, cracked stairs, or other tripping hazards)
- Plant buildup (e.g., streams or holes obscured by leaves or plants.)
The manager or owner is responsible for immediately addressing these problems upon noticing them. It is not the visitor’s or resident’s responsibility to report these issues first.
How an Attorney Can Help
A premises liability lawyer, like a top accident attorney LV, can help you in various ways. This Las Vegas premises liability attorney will likely do the following:
- Define premise liability, negligence, liability insurance, and other legal terms in an understandable way for you.
- Help you determine whether there is a legal liability case.
- The premises liability lawyer can help you bring your claim if you qualify for financial compensation.
- This lawyer will also clarify other details, especially since Nevada laws are now confusing due to two changes made concerning premises liability law.
This type of lawyer will go the extra mile in proving negligence in your claim, which is crucial to your claim. This will show the liability of the property owners that caused the hazards and injuries. These situations could also be tricky because you may need such a lawyer also to prove that you were a visitor of the home or business property.
Individuals injured in a business or home may have a negligence lawsuit due to premises liability. Managers or owners must maintain a reasonably safe property.
For more information about premises liability and the like, contact Boyack Law Group today! For over 10 years, these Las Vegas Premises Liability attorneys have been providing top-notch personal injury legal services. And furthermore, their record speaks for itself, with them being ranked as one of the top best injury attorneys. This law firm has also earned many other awards and happy client testimonials.
You won’t go wrong with us. So, it’s imperative to contact our law office now!
Please call Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney Bryan Boyack at the Boyack Law Group for more info on how we can help. Call now